Go Down

Topic: Dagu Rover 5 chassis robot demo (Read 43 times) previous topic - next topic

Nick Gammon

Do you mean the encoder?

The first row (where I have the wires) are from the encoder on the motor. The other row is for connecting to the Arduino (eg. to an interrupt pin). I wasn't using that personally so you could omit them, ignore them, or tape them up somewhere.

I think the circuit just "ors" the two encoder outputs together so you can have a single interrupt pin (labelled INT on the board) which you connect to an interrupt (eg. D2/ D3) and then to see which way it is turning (if you care about that) connect ENC1 and ENC2 to some other pins.

I didn't care about the encoder as I was driving "visually", so I didn't need it to know exactly how much the wheels had turned.

tigerdorr

i am trying to connect a push sensor or a IR sensor on the rover. so it can avoid the obstacles.

do you know where i can find some example codes?

Nick Gammon

I got mine here:

http://www.robotgear.com.au/Product.aspx/Details/554

I don't know if they have replacement tracks ... you could ask.

Mine tend to slip off, and I find it impossible to adjust the track height. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

Nick Gammon

spcomputing

Mine tend to slip off, and I find it impossible to adjust the track height. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

I just got my Rover 5 and had pulled the retaining bracket (metal L-brac with two screws inside the chassis) to pull the appendage out to set the height.  I think it was an EE solution to a ME problem ;)  Unfortunately, if you have track slippage with the low profile mode, adjusting the height up will make it worse.

I have a composite eye (lots of IR) coming in next week to see how the Dagu demo will work. The DFR Romeo will be interesting in running the R5 Motor/Encoder Board (4motors/4encoders), (2) servos and (6) tactile buttons.  I think there might be a 74HC595 chip and a dev board in there.

Thanks to Nick for opening this thread.  I look forward to any further developments to this platform.

-George

Go Up