Go Down

Topic: Reading Camera Data (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

joppuh123

I would like to use the arduino with a sd reader to read out a sd card that is still in a digital camera

Any body who tried that?

johnwasser

Does the camera act as a USB mass storage device when connected to a USB host?  If so a USB Host shield might allow the Arduino to read the camera contents without taking the SD card out of the camera.

What are you trying to accomplish?
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

joppuh123

I have a arduino with a ethernet shield and the thing im trying to do is taking a photo with the camera (by powering the shutter button with the arduino) and then stream the photo that got stored on the sd card trough a web server like the example on the internet

PaulS

I would like to use the arduino with a sd reader to read out a sd card that is still in a digital camera

If you said something about the camera in question, perhaps more meaningful answers could be provided.

At first glance, though, I'd say that it was very unlikely that the camera provides an easy to use way to read the SD card while it is still in the camera.

joppuh123

Its not about the camera I want to read the sdcard simultaneously by 2 devices

So the camera has an sd card and then I will wire the sd card to the arduino so 1 sd card 2 devices is is possible? (Like splitting the sd)

Go Up