Go Down

Topic: Play mp3 tracks with Arduino (Read 800 times) previous topic - next topic

JonnyA

I have an Arduino controlled motion activated camera that I use to photograph big furry critters. I'd like to lure some coyotes, bobcats, etc. to the camera with mp3 tracks of prey distress calls (e.g., a rabbit screeching).

I could use some advice on hardware options for playing mp3's with an Arduino. Ideally, the mp3 player would hold a few different files, and the Arduino could tell it which files to play. Also I'd like to be able to hook the player up to external speakers and make a decent amount of noise.

I have an ipod Nano that I could use, but I'm not sure how tricky it would be to both power it and control it through the single power/remote control port it has.

Thanks a lot for any help.

JonnyA

Thanks for the links. I think I'll go ahead and get one of the shields and fiddle with it.  I just saw this link on how to control an ipad with arduino:
http://davidfindlay.org/weblog/files/2009_09_07_ipod_remote.php

Not sure which route is easier. Also not sure which would be easier to amplify and play off speakers.

Thanks

liudr

No Don't leave your ipad with the critters, use a dispensable cheap mp3 shield instead. ;)

Simpson_Jr

It may even be possible to buy a very cheap MP3-player and hack/control its switches with an arduino.
Having a good solder iron with small tip will be important though.

Go Up