Go Down

Topic: HC-06 Capabilities (Read 75 times) previous topic - next topic

I'll apologize in advance if this question has already been addressed in the forums. I did some keyword searches, but could not find any responses...

I am doing some experimenting with the HC-06 and the Arduino/Leonardo. I have the basic setup working to a terminal emulator on my PC (Tera Term). I would like to go one step further now and have the Leonard/HC-06 communicate with a PC application like Word, Notepad or a web browser.

In short, I'd like to develop a program/sketch where I have the Leonardo/HC-06 function like a Bluetooth keyboard. Is that possible, or is the HC-06 limited to talking to only a terminal emulator?

Simple answer is this will not work as the HC-06 module firmware is probably loaded with a SSP stack (Simple Serial Protocol) and a keyboard/mouse needs a HID stack (Human Interface Device).
IIRC some BT modules can can be configured as HID but I have never used one so cannot help there.
Another way you could maybe do it is have a small program running on the PC that reads the serial key commands and then injects them into a process.
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131