Go Down

Topic: FTDI problems (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

maxxheadroom

This one?
http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35&product_id=147

None of the 6 header pins should be shorted together.

this is in fact the FTDI that I have, the Ardweeny has header pins that this guy should plug directly into the board powers up fine (led running the blink sketch which comes preloaded on it. I have reloaded the FTDI drivers, tried a different USB with the same results. Also I am running Windows XP. I am at a loss here.

maxxheadroom

I think I just figured it out, it appears the RX and TX are swapped on the DFRobotics break out board compared to the Ardweeny... Now I gotta figure out how to deal with that.

CrossRoads

Swapped are easy - use some terminated wires & 6-pin crimp connector housings from pololu.com to make an adapter cable like this

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

maxxheadroom

Well I pulled the two header pins then soldered in some jumper wires to see if that was the issue and it was not #&!*#( I am at a loss at this point not a clue.

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Go Up