Go Down

Topic: No Mac serial port choices. Only Bluetooth. Sad I can't use my Arduino Uno. (Read 28778 times) previous topic - next topic

Knightriderguy

Congratulation!

But: still open: how did it work in Yosemite without having installed the driver ...  ???
Honestly don't know, I had yosmite installed when I downloaded the Arduino IDE, and things just worked, it was only after I installed El Capitan that I suddenly noticed my project was no longer connecting to the Ardiono, so I hooked up a spare Arduino board I had also gotten from eBay and then I discovered that I could not upload our project sketch because the port was reading as a blue tooth input device.

Thankfully your solution of downloading and installing that driver seems to have cured the issue.... But yeah from the get go I never had the problem with Yosemite O.S. Only when I upgraded to El Capitan.
one Artist CAN make a difference.

zuuuny

Hi, I have a similar problem.

I have Sierra 10.12.1 on my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011) and I cant get a different port than "/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port". It drives me desperate as I can not upload anything anywhere.

I have read the previous posts, even tried the post #23.

rpt007

Pls use the search function here in this forum. There are quite a lot of new tipps how to solve that issue.
It seems that you need an Apple signed driver to cure that issue - depending on what board you have resp. what communication chip is on board.
Before you ask:
Did you really read and understand "How to use this forum"  -> http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=148996.0
AND:
Do you have already some solution or is a part of the problem sitting in front of the screen?  :)

DrZzs

I had the same problem of no Mac port to choose for the MEGA 2560. (MAC OSX, 10.8.5 )

SOLUTION:
1) Fired the Arduino 1.0.5 , Connected the Arduino to a USB port

1) I went to tools/BOARD and choose (don't ask me the rationale) another BOARD model  which has the choice of
serial ports

2) went to tools/SerialPorts and selected /dev/tty.usbmodem621

3) went back to tools/BOARD and selected the right one (i.e., MEGA 2560).  

Everything is working…

Don't ask me why….

Had this problem on my 2015 Macbook Pro.  I tried this method cuz it seemed easiest and it worked.  Thanks!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy