Go Down

Topic: avrdude: no programmer has been specified on the command line or the config file (Read 168 times) previous topic - next topic

Angusdog

Hi, uber noob here  :o

I have been trying to get into this for a while and had some success with my Mac (OS X 10.11.2) and IDE 1.6.7 and an Uno. I had no difficulty following some tutorials.

Now all my sketches give me this error:
avrdude: no programmer has been specified on the command line or the config file
         Specify a programmer using the -c option and try again
I haven't changed anything on my Mac. The Uno shows up as usbmodem, so that's good.

My Macbook (Same spec as above) seems more troublesome (something to do with libraries or something, i'll try and sort that before asking another question...)

I've searched for an answer to the above; can't find one (and I read the troubleshooting guide).

Thanks in advance,
Simon.

gaps

I had the same issue (also on MacOS X, IDE 1.6.7) and it started after in was prompted to update my board by the IDE. It was working fine before, and I had the "avrdude: no programmer has been specified on the command line or the config file" after.

I installed IDE 1.6.9 and now it is working fine.

Gaspard

Angusdog

THanks, Gaspard. Yes, I too tried downloading 1.6.9 which seems to have fixed it.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy