Go Down

Topic: Power supply for UNO R3 controller (Read 20 times) previous topic - next topic

I recently purchased the UNO R3 controller. It arrived ok but no means of powering the board. Must I order the 9V DC Power supply separately? When I look on Amazon this is described as a replacement cable for the UNO, which gives me the impression that the cable should have been included. After all when I buy a kettle I don't need to specify that the  power cable be included.

Can the UNO be powered from my computer via a usb?

HankB

My Arduinos  (and many other similar systems) draw power from the USB port. You should check out this page http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/HomePage and follow the link for your OS.

Whether you get the 9V cable or not probably depends on whether you ordered a kit or just the plain board. My first Arduino was in a kit that had a bunch of accessories included like a breadboard and base that holds both R3 and breadboard. It also included jumpers, resistors, LEDs and a cable for a 9V battery.

Enjoy!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy