Go Down

Topic: 12-servo lynxmotion 209 standalone issue [forwarded] (Read 615 times) previous topic - next topic

zoomkat

My questions: in terms of my device's wireless control and its autonomy, should I use my arduino Uno as the major platform for coding OR should I use SSC-32u solely to realize its autonomous movement such as walking via a remote control ?
If you have the bot working correctly using the servo controller, then you might just use the arduino as a wireless interface with some bluetooth serial modules.
Google forum search: Use Google Search box in upper right side of this page.
Why I like my 2005 Rio Yellow Honda S2000  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWjMvrkUqX0

masamune_demin

I posted some joystick/servo code here. I think the code is a good example of how to ramp up the speed of servos in order to produce smooth motion.

I reviewed your code and would like to apply it to my ps2 controller, which has already been programmed as a servo controller when I purchased it from Ebay. How am I supposed to adjust the values based on the code that you provided such as "joystick pins" values in your code. thank you

masamune_demin

I posted some joystick/servo code here. I think the code is a good example of how to ramp up the speed of servos in order to produce smooth motion.

I personally like to use algorithms to control servos. My hexapod has an algorithm which tells its feet where they should be positioned. The IK algorithm then calculates the angles to which the servos should move. I think the same sort of thing could be done with a biped. Here's an old video of animated Lego minifigures. I used an algorithm to generate the various positions in the minifigure. When/if I make a biped, I plan to use a similar approach to generate movement.

It would likely be easier to use a table of servo positions in order to generate a workable gait for your robot. I haven't used this approach myself but I believe it's very common.

Hi Duane,

I managed to use your ring buffer code to control 2 servos with a funduino joystick similar to the demo you posted on Youtube and it was amazing. You also mentioned that the code can be modified to control servos more than 2. How do you achieve that ? How many joysticks does the code need to manage to control that many servos ?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy