Go Down

Topic: $10 Arduino (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

dragon2777

well the hackduino is $8 but you need to have or get all the parts and if you have to get some then you may have to pay shipping and the Picoduino is smaller fits in tight places better and its an already created board

Ro-Bot-X

TchnclFl

I think Ardweeny is smaller!

And so much space is wasted on through-hold components!  Shrink those down to SMD and you could fit a few more debug LEDs, etc.

I do see why though, as it's meant to be built by entry-level hobbyists..I sure as hell can't solder small surface mount components!

cr0sh

Jul 25, 2010, 05:32 am Last Edit: Jul 25, 2010, 05:36 am by keeper63@cox.net Reason: 1
I think Ardweeny is smaller!

I think this is smaller, but its not something you can buy (this link was posted in another thread):

http://www.geocities.jp/arduino_diecimila/obaka/project-2/index_en.html

:)

[edit]I must note that the above isn't strictly an "Arduino" - it uses an ATMega88 @ 8Mhz, leaving out the crystal/resonator, etc...[/edit]
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

TchnclFl

Jul 25, 2010, 05:34 am Last Edit: Jul 25, 2010, 05:35 am by Tchnclfl Reason: 1

I think this is smaller, but its not something you can buy

Ah, another one of my favorites :).  If I wasn't too scared of damaging the chip, I'd try that out.  As it is, I put EVERYTHING in DIP sockets just in case I ever want to re-purpose it (yes, even $0.10 555 timers :P).

Go Up