Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: RGB Colour Mixer with DS touch screen  (Read 7761 times)
B0100111001000011, USA
Edison Member
I'm confused.  Wait, maybe not..
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Yeah no worries I'm still a big ol' noob.  I would've done it like that too if I tried.  I didn't know what Map was until you just told me smiley-wink.

Chennai, India
God Member
Peace!!!
View Profile

Now I'm planning to do something similar with multiple RGB LEDS (about 5-6) the big question is how does one connect multiple RGB LEDs - common anode types to the arduino? all ideas welcome...

Be The Change...

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

To connect common anode RGB LEDs you connect the anode to + (5v or 3.3v with resistor if necessary), then you use PWM on the cathodes. The ATmega chip will sink the current but it will be reversed.
255 is normally the highest brighntess but with this config. it will be the lowest as the pin is low for the shortest amount of time.

For multiple LEDs you will still want to use transistors on the cathodes as the ATmega chip cannot sink much current.

Mowcius

Wigan, UK
God Member
View Profile

That's ace.  

When I read the subject line I thought you meant using a DS touch screen while it was still attached to a DS.  Arduino control via a DS would be cool.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I've just made an application that will make using the NDS touch screen with arduino a lot easier. It has a rectangle the exact same size as an NDS touch screen. Basicly, you draw a rectangle using the mouse onto this area, and it creates some arduino code that will execute when you press the touchscreen in this area. You can also save the design of the touchscreen, so you can print it off glue/stick it behind the screen when your using it. The only thing is, I'm not sure if it works because I'm still waiting for a breakout board, but in theory it works, I've used some of the code written here and just made the software work out the coordinates relative to the screen.

You can download it at: http://code.google.com/p/touchscreen4adruino/downloads/list

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Jump to: