Go Down

Topic: seemingly random problem with touchscreen? (Read 381 times) previous topic - next topic

winner10920

Ok, so I had a pcb made so I can easily connect my touchscreen tft lcd to my mega, and It worked great, when suddenly I don't know why it stopped working properly
at first I thought it was code related so I checked that and found nothing wrong, re uploaded and still didn't work
then I metered out the connections and Im getting continuity, so that runs out pcb fault
then I tried the demo from the library from adafruit, and I found the same problem, mainly that while the y axis works fine, the x axis gives me a number between 890 and 1000 when it should go from like 200- 1000
so I figured I somehow messed up the touchscreen, 40$ later my brand new touchscreen is giving me the exact same results, anyone have an idea what can go wrong?

winner10920

Ok, so I figured out the problem was actually with the brand new mega2560, somehow the A5 pin was damaged or not working right, idk how since I thought it was the same adc that was multiplexed to all the analog pins, so how one pin returns 800-1000 readings when the one next to it reads 200-1000 from the same touchscreen baffles me

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy