Go Down

Topic: Arduino Uno Rev3 pinouts photo (Read 94 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

Where are "jumper" pins on this card. I tested the card and it works fine using USB as supply.

Now I want to connect it to external power supply and ...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What is polarity for external power supply socket?
Is GND around and + in the middle?

thanks

There is no jumper pin required for using external power. There is an electronic voltage selector circuit on the board that detects if there is DC voltage on the external power connector (or the Vin) pin of 7.5 to 12vdc. If there is both USB power and external power available the circuit gives priority to the external voltage and switches off the USB power, however the USB communication is still available. And yes the center pin is the positive voltage and the sleeve is negative, however there is a series wired diode in the circuit that prevents board damage if one accidentally plugs in reverse polarity voltage, the board won't work as such, but there will be no damage done.

Lefty

Sikter

Thank you Lefty, you are Righty actually.
I didn't dare to power it externally before I was sure.
Been waiting 2 weks for it and didn't want to take any chances.
What Rev is my board?

NI$HANT

I like the hackability of the board who's pic is posted 1 post above they even thought about the crystal place there if in case one needs to clock it at a different rate rather than on whcih rate the resonator actually is.
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

????? ???? !

WinstonP

It might be nice to be able to program the Atmega16U2-MU to be able to load sketches through it's ISP connector.
Maybe even chain to subroutines in the Atmega16U2-MU's storage memory. Maybe future RTC built onto the next UNO revision.

(sorry, my meds are causing me to ramble on....)

Quick5pnt0

Thank you Lefty, you are Righty actually.
I didn't dare to power it externally before I was sure.
Been waiting 2 weks for it and didn't want to take any chances.
What Rev is my board?

Your Uno is rev2.

Go Up