Go Down

Topic: Arduino based temperature data logger (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

point5

Hi,

Just a quick note to say that I have published a small Arduino based data logging project to get people started with the Seeeduino Stalker board.  It uses 2 x LM35 temperature sensors and a card write error LED - the code is written by the wonderful Michael Margolis.

http://www.airsensor.co.uk/component/zoo/item/temperature-logger-with-2-sensors.html

CRS8291

Looks like a nice project. Just a couple of notes. The Fat16 library is much easier to work with but I have had some problems using it with the Stalker 168. I had to use the filelogger library on the 168 due to RAM overruns.

Also the FAT16 library is very fast so some SD cards have problems keeping up. I was using Dane Elec cards and they would not work which has been documented in the Fat16 readme file. I have been using Sandisk and Kingston cards successfully. The newer version of FAT16 is SDFAT and it contains some nice sketches which provides benchmark testing for SD cards.

I look forward to seeing more of your projects.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy