Go Down

Topic: XBee Series2 Connection Problem (Read 822 times) previous topic - next topic

andil

Dec 28, 2011, 10:08 am Last Edit: Dec 28, 2011, 11:43 am by andil Reason: 1
Hello,

I got 2 XBee's Series 2 , and i want to get a wireless connection for a new project. I am using the X-CTU Software to configure the devices.
But one of them is flashing red on xbee shield. The red LED on the xbee shield is approx. on for 3 secs. and then off for approx. 8 secs.
If i want to get the data from the xbee i have to press the querybutton exactly in that moment where LED is on, otherwise the xbee will not be found from
software.
I have changed allready the xbeeshields and also the arduino boards. It allways happends with the same xbee.Also reset and restore with X-CTU didnt made any change in behavior.
Does somebody had a similar problem with those devices?Or any suggestions what else i could try to get it work?
I hope it is not broken,...
Thanks for help,
best regards

PaulS

I got 2 XBee's Series 2 , and i want to get a wireless connection for a new project.

You want two XBees to form a mesh network? Hardly makes sense.

It allways happends with the same xbee.Also reset and restore with X-CTU didnt made any change in behavior.
Does somebody had a similar problem with those devices?Or any suggestions what else i could try to get it work?
I hope it is not broken,...

If the problem behavior is not Arduino-dependent and is not shield-dependent, then it must be XBee-dependent. I don't see what basis you have for hope.

When you get new XBees, I'd recommend getting the proper models (Series 1) for your point-to-point project, and getting a USB explorer, so you can more easily configure the XBees.

andil

Yes it is a point to point project now. I choosed Series 2 devices because in future i want to extend network with other XBee's.
PtP Connection isnt possible with Series2? Well, i have now experience with those devices and wasnt sure if it maybe could have
something to do with the config.

I have the USB explorer and it is the same problem with the connection.
thx,

andil

I got it work now and i can send my String from one XBee to other.
After a reset directly on XBee Shield (wire between GND and RST) i can configure them perfectly
Every time when i hit the querybutton in X-CTU the XBee gets recognized.

Jack Christensen

Yes it is a point to point project now. I choosed Series 2 devices because in future i want to extend network with other XBee's.
PtP Connection isnt possible with Series2?

Absolutely possible. Using just two S2 modules makes perfect sense to me, but then I am a Known Series 2 Bigot.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy