Go Down

Topic: 20kg*cm torque for moving a single-handle mixer water tap? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

ris8_allo_zen0

Thanks for the kind advises guys.

Yes, I'll plan to add a temperature sensor (a DS18S20) and a PID that tries to keep the water temperature constant.

I think I will go for another mechanical, more compact solution: the motor placed behind the tap with a small gear against a bigger gear, attached to the base of the handle. The small gear is shaped like a cone with spherical sides, in order to cope with the horizontal rotation of the handle. With this setup I need less torque but a faster motor, anyway I need to do some other measures.

Another question: do you think that sensing the rotation with an encoder is enough to check for reaching the rotation limit? If the Arduino drives the motor but sees no movement, then the limit for that direction is reached. I may use this effect to self-calibrate the Arduino at startup...

Thanks and best regards,
Enrico

Pokey

Another question: do you think that sensing the rotation with an encoder is enough to check for reaching the rotation limit?

Might I suggest using limit switches? (maybe simpler/cheaper)

Go Up