Go Down

Topic: relay control (Read 456 times) previous topic - next topic

I have a traffic light that Im looking to control with an arduino. I programmed the arduino to cycle 3 digital pins the amount of time that I want each lamp to stay lit. I picked up a relay board of off ebay to control the AC voltage. The board had 4 channels that include a relay, transistor, and resistor for each channel. The problem is that channels stay engaged while another lights. I have hooked a digital pin straight to the input pin on the relay board and run my AC through the common and NO contacts of the relay. Im a little confused as to why Im having more than one channel engaged at a time. The software is fine. I tried it using LEDS before I hooked up the relay board.  Any ideas to get me going?

Thanks,

Tracy

johnwasser

Perhaps it is a hardware error.  Did the relay board come with a schematic?
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

No schematic...pretty simple board really. If I unhook digital pin 13 all is well with the other pins. I tried another 328 and it is the same thing. Thinking about trying another digital pin.

nope, no help changing pins. Either the relay board is bad or I need more components somewhere.

Welp, figured it out. The relay board has 1 bad transistor and one of the relays on another channel sticks at times. I guess that is the price you pay for some of the cheap junk on Ebay! I only need 3 channels so I might remove the bad relay and sub the other one in.

Thanks,
Tracy

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy