Go Down

Topic: 100V PA system - volume controled by Arduino (Read 78 times) previous topic - next topic

Netopejr

Hello,
i have working 100v installation for audio public address system, which have 4 branches, each one has 1x 25W speaker. Now i need make wireless volume control for each one branch, because speakers are on hard to reach places and i cant install more wires. I have experience with arduino and NRF24L1 and i am planning to try ESP8266. How is my options? Is there something like arduino controled voltage divider? Thank you for replies and sorry for my broken english.

MarkT

It depends what the system voltages for the preamp or power amp input - a digital potentiometer
can only work for voltages within its power supply range.

Details of your public address system are needed...
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Wawa

You would normally use a 100volt rotary switch volume control per branch (near the amplifier).
Those volume controls work by selecting a secondary tap of an audio transformer.
Switching could be done with a relay module
Leo..

Netopejr

It depends what the system voltages for the preamp or power amp input - a digital potentiometer
can only work for voltages within its power supply range.
Thank you for reply.
I dont need modify my amp, i need add volume control to each one branch, like Wava wrote below.

You would normally use a 100volt rotary switch volume control per branch (near the amplifier).
Yes, you mean this?

But question is, how i can achieve this function with wirelessly controlled Arduino? Thanks!

Wawa

Yes, a transformer based switch.
Read the datasheet. Power is important.
You said 25watt per branch.
Leo..

MarkT

If you only have the full power 100V signal to play with there is no easier way.  Normally you'd look to
control the signal before the power amplifier in an audio system, but it seems you have a single power
amp.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Wawa

Four branches on a 100watt amp could be four 25watt volume switches.
It all depends on the layout of the venue.
A main/mixing 100volt amp and several slave amps could be cheaper than volume switches.
Leo..

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy