Go Down

Topic: difference between <Servo.h> and <SoftwareServo.h> (Read 137 times) previous topic - next topic

Mary_Yvette

i am just confused. i am also creating a program for controlling servos in a robot arm. i read that you should use servo.refresh() every 50 or 20ms but this code does not work for the library  servo.h. but why?  what is the difference between servo.h and SoftwareServo.h  . i can only see the code servo.refresh in SoftwareServo.h. please answer.. thank you! ^__^

Robin2

This is confusing. You have asked the same question in 2 places. Please don't do that.

I answered it in the other place.

...R

JimboZA

This is confusing. You have asked the same question in 2 places. Please don't do that.

I answered it in the other place.

...R

You're right Robin2, but on balance I think it deserves a thread of it's own (it had nothing to do with the thread where it was). There might be other differences that other folks can rather explain to M_Y here.

Roy from ITCrowd: Have you tried turning it off an on again?
I'm on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimbrownza

zoomkat

i can only see the code servo.refresh in SoftwareServo.h. please answer.. thank you! ^__^

The functions contained in any particular library are there as placed by the library developer. You probably won't find a servo.bring_me_a_beer() function in either library.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

Go Up