Go Down

Topic: 28BYJ-48 5-Volt Stepper (Read 87 times) previous topic - next topic

cr0sh

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

cr0sh

There must be an easy algorithm?  I don't know it.  Anyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bresenham%27s_line_algorithm

Fairly simple for 2D stuff (there are tons of implementations out there - it is used for line drawing in 2D graphics); not sure what it would take to add a 3rd stepper (or more). You might also look into the few g-code interpreter implementations for the Arduino that are out there...
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

sbright33

My newer library is on another thread here.  Many improvements.  More coming.  PWM to make it smoother.  Non-blocking to free up the processor for other tasks.  Higher voltage to increase performance without getting hot...

I'd like to move 2 motors called x,y at the same time.  Pointing a laser for example.  While the laser is on when you go from 0,0 to 10,10 it should move at a 45 degree angle.  That's simple just move 1x,1y,1x,1y... until you get to 10.  Or move them simultaneously.  Not so simple when you're going to 75,80 or an arbitrary x,y.  There must be an easy algorithm?  I don't know it.  Anyone?
If you fall... I'll be there for you!
-Floor

Skype Brighteyes3333
(262) 696-9619

joogaa

@sbright33:
Hi! Do you have a new version of your code? Can you explain better your idea about the angle for motors x, y?

J

celem

The nano's supply is inadequate for the stepper. I used a separate 5v supply and just tied the grounds.

Go Up