Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: FIXED: Arduino 1.0 Issues with wiring.h RotaryEncoderAcelleration.h  (Read 9678 times)
UK
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have a project that is nearly finished and is making use of several libraries one of which is RotaryEncoderAcelleration.h (http://arduino.cc/playground/Main/RotaryEncoderAcceleration).  This library calls routines wiring.h, tickspersecond.h.....

Anyway the program will not compile under Arduino 1.0

I get the following error messages:

In file included from M_Computer.cpp:2:
/Users/darren/Documents/Arduino/libraries/RotaryEncoderAcceleration/Button.h:6:20: error: wiring.h: No such file or directory
In file included from M_Computer.cpp:7:
/Users/darren/Documents/Arduino/libraries/LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.h:82: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void LiquidCrystal::write(uint8_t)'
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Print.h:48: error:   overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)'

I'm not really sure where to start but the first error is due to RotaryEncoderAccelerator calling button.h which calls wiring.h

There appears to be an issue with the Liquid Crystal library and Print.h too

Some pointers on what to do would be very helpful if anybody can possibly help

Do I need to replace the liquid crystal library with a newer version?

Many thanks
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:24:13 pm by cowasaki » Logged

UK
View Profile

I've deleted the LiquidCrystal folder from documents::Arduino::libraries and replaced it for the one inside the Arduino 1.0 folder and now the error I get is:

In file included from M_Computer.cpp:2:
/Users/darren/Documents/Arduino/libraries/RotaryEncoderAcceleration/Button.h:6:20: error: wiring.h: No such file or directory

So just one error now, it would appear that the library ROTARYENCODERACCELERATION is not arduino v1.0 compatible yet smiley-sad
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:10:45 pm by cowasaki » Logged

UK
View Profile

OK, this is now sorted smiley

To fix RotaryEncoderAcelleration library so it works with Arduino 1.0 all you need to do is download the library and open each ".h" file then:

replace

#include <wiring.h>

with

#include <Arduino.h>

That's it, my package now compiles smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: