Go Down

Topic: software for electrical diagrams (Read 828 times) previous topic - next topic

lkrasner

Does anyone know of any good free software for designing simple electrical diagrams?

magagna

If you mean schematics and boards, a lot of people here use the free / light version of Eagle:

http://www.cadsoftusa.com/downloads/freeware/?language=en

Good luck!
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/magagna <-- My last name.  Pretty apt.

pwillard

Keep in mind that "good" and "free" don't always work together.

MarkT

KiCad is open source.  The free version of Eagle is limited to 2 layers and 100mm x 80mm boards.
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

CrossRoads

Jan 05, 2012, 05:14 am Last Edit: Jan 05, 2012, 05:17 am by CrossRoads Reason: 1
expresspcb.com is really handy for drawing up simple things for discussions.

Eagle from cadsoft for designing boards.

I use both, depending on what I am doing.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

James C4S

upverter.com  is nice if you want to draw a schematic and share it, but don't want to install anything.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Goofballtech

expresspcb.com is really handy for drawing up simple things for discussions.

Eagle from cadsoft for designing boards.

I use both, depending on what I am doing.

x2 on express pcb. fairly intuitive and easy to make new  components. not professional grade but for free software it very nice.

CrossRoads

Easy to make nice boards with expresspcb too.
Here are boards I made with epxresspcb (before I finally gave in & learned how to use eagle & wade thru all the libraries to find parts).

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Go Up