Go Down

Topic: Arduino controlled gas-pipe heating and T controll with PID (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

_Max_

I found a nice documentation about how to build an Arduino controlled light dimmer ( http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-controlled-light-dimmer-The-circuit/#step1 ). They detect the zero crossing of the sinus wave by using interrupts. After a zero crossing is detected, a TRIAC is fired after a defined delay. So an interrupt happens every 10 ms.

In one of my projects I want to control the dimming level by temperature measurement. I want to measure some thermodynamic properties of different compounds and I need to heat the gas supply pipes and maintain a const. temperature (with PID).... I already build a PT100 that use two LTC2053 OpAmps and a LTC2400  24 bit AC/DC converter  that communicates via SPI with Arduino. Is it possible to handle the 10ms interrupts and a SPI communication just with one Arduino? ...

cheers, Max : )

MarkT

Yes, that's not much of a load at all.  10ms is 160000 processor clock cycles on an Uno, so
even allowing for floating point being emulated you could run a PID loop every mains transition if you wanted.
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy