Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino controlled gas-pipe heating and T controll with PID  (Read 924 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I found a nice documentation about how to build an Arduino controlled light dimmer ( http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-controlled-light-dimmer-The-circuit/#step1 ). They detect the zero crossing of the sinus wave by using interrupts. After a zero crossing is detected, a TRIAC is fired after a defined delay. So an interrupt happens every 10 ms.

In one of my projects I want to control the dimming level by temperature measurement. I want to measure some thermodynamic properties of different compounds and I need to heat the gas supply pipes and maintain a const. temperature (with PID).... I already build a PT100 that use two LTC2053 OpAmps and a LTC2400  24 bit AC/DC converter  that communicates via SPI with Arduino. Is it possible to handle the 10ms interrupts and a SPI communication just with one Arduino? ...

cheers, Max : )

Shannon Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Yes, that's not much of a load at all.  10ms is 160000 processor clock cycles on an Uno, so
even allowing for floating point being emulated you could run a PID loop every mains transition if you wanted.

[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: