Go Down

Topic: electrical field mesuring (Read 855 times) previous topic - next topic

talal_enp

I have a project with Arduino, my subject is to measure the electrical field in the different point in the air near the high voltage line (100kV), if you can help me for the measuring circuit with Arduino?!!!

Paul_KD7HB

Do you know HOW to measure the electric field as opposed to the magnetic field? I assume this is AC rather than DC. We do have a 250KV DC line in our area. You will need a rectifier and a smoothing circuit and a voltage divider to get a voltage suitable for the Arduino.

The closer you are to the actual wire, the greater the electric field and resulting voltage. How will you protect the Arduino from excessive voltage?

Paul

MarkT

I have a project with Arduino, my subject is to measure the electrical field in the different point in the air near the high voltage line (100kV), if you can help me for the measuring circuit with Arduino?!!!
This is not easy, due to the risk of flash-over.  Consult a qualified high voltage electrician or engineer.  100kV
power lines do not give you a second chance, they kill.  There are legal aspects of interfering with power infrastructure too.

Perhaps you didn't mean "near the high voltage line", but "far from the high voltage line"?
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

talal_enp

yes i but the sensor very far for the HV supply, and i hope to measure the electrical field in HV laboratory were there is a security protection (faraday cage), thanks

Paul_KD7HB

The whole purpose of a Faraday cage is to ensure neither the electric field nor the magnetic field will be inside the cage.

Something seems to be missing in your plan.

Paul

Go Up