Go Down

Topic: Protocol latch (Read 753 times) previous topic - next topic

LuisSoares

Hi,

I´m looking for a cheap chip, that allows me to put in its outputs TTL levels 0 or 1, using UART protocol or other.

Basically the chip will latch a value that i send via protocol, until i send the next value.

Does anyone know something like this?

Cheers

Grumpy_Mike

It is not at all clear what you want to do.

I don't understand what you mean by "protocol". My understanding of that word is the way a sequence of bytes is arranged, but that does not fit in with what you want to do.

Are you talking about latching just 1 bit or a whole byte?

fungus

Hi,

I´m looking for a cheap chip, that allows me to put in its outputs TTL levels 0 or 1, using UART protocol or other.

Basically the chip will latch a value that i send via protocol, until i send the next value.

Does anyone know something like this?

74HC595...?

What's wrong with using an Arduino pin? That's what Arduinos are for.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

CrossRoads

"using UART protocol or other"
I vote for other. UART has built in clock that samples the data to decide when to captures highs & lows.
Use shiftout() or SPI.transfer() to provide the clock and do the same into a shift register.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

dhenry

a cheap chip

You can program a 8pdip avr quickly for that.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy