Go Down

Topic: Plotter - 3 servos (Read 11 times) previous topic - next topic

Nachtwind

very impressive thing... might have really a gooood idea on how to use it :0)

Believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid[ch8230] and I went ahead

A.Wafik

Hey man, very cool project. You should just work on the appearance of the arm more and it should be perfect.
How do u know that the servo has reached the required angle for a specific x,y location...before feeding the next angular position??
I really need[ch65279] to know how this is implemented.
Thanks.

eziosoft

Feb 12, 2010, 01:56 pm Last Edit: Feb 12, 2010, 01:59 pm by eziosoft Reason: 1
Arduino sends one byte to confirm that it is ready for next position.

Full arduino code is here: http://ezio.ovh.org/pliki/arm plotter v2.rar

hope this helps

if (inProgress==true && servo1.read()==s1 && servo2.read()==s2 && servo3.read()==s3)
   {
     Serial.print(1,BYTE);
     inProgress=false;
   }

appearance of the arm -
hmm well this is not very useful project. And this is only proof of concept. Servos are not very precise.

Andrew

I thought servo.read() only returned what angle you'd set it to - the servo doesn't have any way of returning it's actual physical position. Or am I wrong?

Andrew

A.Wafik

I'm confused as well. Can you kindly explain again from where do you get the measurement of the servo angle...when it doesn't have any feedback.
I really appreciate your help. It's essential for me to understand this, as I'm doing a somewhat similar project, and it's driving me nuts!

Go Up