Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Linkduino  (Read 4302 times)
Edison Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I´ve found Harsel as optware package.

Haserl is a small program that uses shell or Lua script to create dynamic content with CGI scripts. It is intended for environments where PHP or ruby are too big. On nslu2, because of the limited RAM resource, CGI can sometimes outperform other solutions. The webif project for openwrt firmware uses haserl to build web interfaces for routers.

Nemik,Is it what you recommend me?   smiley-grin

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Packages

Arduino rocks
View Profile

The card thing looks cool. Not sure if you can install packages on it since the package contents from opkg tend to go to a specific place on the OS. A better thing might be to see if you can somehow make the root filesystem be the SD card's one. JFFS2 is already the rootfs partition on OpenWRT and it is a filesystem which has been known to work very well on cards. Then some kind of parameter would have to be passed to the bootloader to tell it to boot the kernel and such off the card rather than the smaller flash memory. I'm not sure how easy all this is to do...but might be worth looking into. Since then you could essentially replace the small flash memory on the router with a large one from a large card.

As for Haserl, I have not heard of it, but it sounds pretty good. I don't know what LuCi web interface on OpenWRT uses, but this sounds like a great solution for you since it sounds like you just want something minimal to run CGI scripts off of. Let me know how it works out, good luck!

Edison Member
View Profile

You have to install ipkg-opt and redirect some folders with mount --bind :
mount --bind /mmc/jffs /jffs
mount -o bind /jffs/opt /opt

Now /jffs and /opt point to MMC folders.

I´ve installed:
  • setserial
  • php-httpd (port 8080)
  • curl

I continue with routers`s configuration web server in port 80.

You can look the optware packages (1241 smiley-wink ):
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_list_of_Optware_packages

It´s an easy and perfect solution!!!
Although I have to learn how-to with openwrt...step-by-step   ;D

Thank-u!

I´ll keep you updated

Best Regards

Igor
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 04:55:11 am by igorreal » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Oh wow. Very nice. If you can do all this with DD-WRT maybe there is no need to go with OpenWRT then. I just liked OpenWRT for its minimalism and package management system. Though DD-WRT with optware looks very nice. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Arduino rocks
View Profile

The Arduino (or ATMega168 chip) seems to accept 3.3v TTL serial signals just fine and the FON router I'm using reads Arduino's 5v signals just fine too. I haven't noticed any problems using both directly but it's probably better to have a proper converter like in your circuit.

Not to threadjack, but I am considering connecting my Arduino to my WRT54GL which has on board connections for 3.3v TTL from what I understand.

Excuse my ignorance, but do I need to go through the trouble of getting a max232 or max3232?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:28:00 pm by displacedtexan » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

displacedtexan, I'm currently using it on a FON2100 router (which also does 3.3v TTL) without any sort of converter, just straight from the ATMega168's Tx/Rx pins to the router's. It's working just fine.

Supposedly the ATMega168 reads 3.3V TTL just fine (and my setup supports that) but outputs at 5V levels which can supposedly fry some 3.3-only devices. My router doesn't seem to care. Though if you're concerned, you could just put a resistor in series between the Arduino's Tx pin and the router's Rx just in case.

Edison Member
View Profile

Hi,

You can read about it in Sparkfun tutorial (Sensor Interfacing):
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/tutorial_info.php?tutorials_id=65

Best Regards

Igor

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Igor,
Needless to say that you have done an amazing job. Thank you for sharing the project details with all of us. I was wondering if you could kindly post the details about your Javascript enabled web server (Last video in this post) ?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: