I'm a bit too lazy to properly setup my build environment, I just use Visual Studio as a standalone editor and the Arduino IDE in external editor mode to compile and load my programs. Only minor issue I've found w/ that workflow is that for some reason it doesn't do proper code folding when opening .pde files, even when they're assigned to the C++ editor. So I just symlink the .pde to a .cpp file and everybody's happy.
Please enter a valid email to subscribe
We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the
email we just sent you.
Thank you for subscribing!
via Egeo 16