Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Filtering  (Read 502 times)
Canada
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,

I've come across an interesting conundrum.  I'm using the tone() function to, of course, generate a tone.  I've also made a 2nd order Sallen-Key filter to clean up the harmonics a bit and get a bit closer to a sinusoidal wave.  I've tested the filter against a square wave generator and it seemed to do the trick very well, however when I hook the filter up to the arduino tone generator, the filter output still remains a square.  The cutoff freq is set to about 50 Hz and the testing frequency is 200 Hz.  All Caps are 0.22 uF and Resistors are 15k.  Am I missing a key piece of knowledge in the arduino's tone generation?

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Post your circuit.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Canada
View Profile

Ah I figured it out, the arduino output was saturating the op amp.  How embarassing...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: