Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I cannot upload, says folder full. How to empty it ??  (Read 1361 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

When I tried to upload some codes to forum it says "The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator". How can I empty it?

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Edison Member
"Keep it R.E.I.L. - "Research, Experiment, Investigate and Learn"
View Profile

I have the same problem. I can not upload my pictures I try to upload.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Its not you guys, its the forum server.
I have resorted to uploading my docs elsewhere and posting links to my diagrams, etc.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Forum Administrator
MMX
Edison Member
hallo kompis
View Profile

trying to upload

Forum Administrator
MMX
Edison Member
hallo kompis
View Profile

just made a blog post on this matter:

http://arduino.cc/blog/2012/01/16/arduino-servers-or-why-were-slow/

btw, the issue is fixed, it had nothing to do with you, it was a general setting for the whole forum that needed to be increased to a bigger size

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Wow, just finished reading the blog, what a  nightmare!  Thank you for all the effort that went into that David.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Colorado
Edison Member
Reviving dead brain cells with Arduinos.
View Profile

Being an IT Director at a local company, I can certainly feel the pain here.  Upgrades are never easy, nor cheap.  I've long accepted that no matter how prepared one is, no matter how well thought out the process is, there will always be something that will come bite you.  Nature of the beast.  I appreciate the post from David.  I can see we were running against some limitations there and while I still see the occasional slow down or even timeouts still, it's nowhere near as bad as it was.

On the issue of database, David, has anyone spend time looking at the actual queries being made?  If it's a MySQL database, I would enable slow_query_log, set the time to five seconds and let it run for a day or two.  I'm willing to bed you will find a bunch of queries that could potentially be optimized for a faster response out of the server.  Even if it's simply adding a new index.  This is the Achilles heal for all forum applications, the constant database traffic.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: