Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Changed IDE to version 1.0 and cant compile without errors  (Read 628 times)
Enschede, Netherlands
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I changed my IDE to version 1.0.
And from that moment on i cant compile any sketches anymore.

Is there a major change and what can i do to solve the problem.
As i am no computer geek please make it simple.

For example i get this error on a library i am using:
C:\Users\h.arends\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Debounce\Debounce.cpp:2:22: error: WProgram.h: No such file or directory
C:\Users\h.arends\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Debounce\Debounce.cpp: In constructor 'Debounce::Debounce(long unsigned int, uint8_t)':
C:\Users\h.arends\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Debounce\Debounce.cpp:9: error: 'millis' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\h.arends\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Debounce\Debounce.cpp:10: error: 'digitalRead' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\h.arends\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Debounce\Debounce.cpp: In member function 'void Debounce::write(int)':
C:\Users\h.arends\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Debounce\Debounce.cpp:18: error: 'digitalWrite' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\h.arends\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Debounce\Debounce.cpp: In member function 'int Debounce::update()':
C:\Users\h.arends\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Debounce\Debounce.cpp:28: error: 'digitalRead' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\h.arends\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Debounce\Debounce.cpp:30: error: 'millis' was not declared in this scope
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:19:01 pm by gharryh » Logged

Massachusetts, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

Wprogram.h (inherited from the Wiring project) has been replaced by Arduino.h.  Try that first.

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Enschede, Netherlands
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I dont use Wprogram.h in my sketch so why should i change that to Arduino.h?

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

Maybe the Debounce library uses it?

Anyway, my advice is to change back. What exactly do you think version 1.0 will do that the earlier versions can't?

Enschede, Netherlands
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I dont now. I am just one of those users that updates to newer versions after most people have done son.
Thats no excuss for stup.....

I wil change back and wait for the developer of Debouncer.h to change the source

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: