Go Down

Topic: Error on compile -stdlib.h not found (Read 5224 times) previous topic - next topic

tytower

Jan 12, 2012, 11:15 pm Last Edit: Jan 13, 2012, 12:02 am by tytower Reason: 1
Can any guru tell me what is wrong here ?
here is the message given
/arduino-1.0/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:4:20: fatal error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Where should this file be and what is it trying to tell me ?

Actually I expanded the window and there is more to the message

avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=100 -I/arduino-1.0/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino -I/arduino-1.0/hardware/arduino/variants/standard /tmp/build2733294214254685087.tmp/sketch_jan13a.cpp -o/tmp/build2733294214254685087.tmp/sketch_jan13a.cpp.o
In file included from sketch_jan13a.cpp:3:0:
/arduino-1.0/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:4:20: fatal error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Now I found a copy of that file in /usr/include  so I added that directory to my PATH
That did not fix it so
I added that to my LD PATH
That didn't fix it either ?

johnwasser

stdlib.h is part of the C/C++ standard library.

It should be under hardware/tools/avr/avr/include.

Looks like the avr-g++ installation is bad.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

tytower

Yes Thanks .Thats on a Windows system
I am on a Linux system where the avr-g++ is installed by downloading , compiling and installing .
These are obtained from mirror repositories and I have tried a few versions from a few mirrors to no avail.

WizenedEE

Are you having the problems with windows or linux? What distro? Do I see that you have arduino installed in the root directory? That sounds like a bad idea.

tytower

Jan 14, 2012, 09:09 am Last Edit: Jan 14, 2012, 09:14 am by tytower Reason: 1
I am on a Linux system . Puppy Linux 5.3 in fact
Arduino is installed in my home directory but as I am root it matters not.
My problem is with "stdlib.h"
How does your post help me if thats what you intended?
I just wonder if you read my posts at all before posting your reply?

joseph_m

I am on a Linux system . Puppy Linux 5.3 in fact
Arduino is installed in my home directory but as I am root it matters not.
My problem is with "stdlib.h"
How does your post help me if thats what you intended?
I just wonder if you read my posts at all before posting your reply?

I have/had the same problem.  And actually johnwasser gave the correct answer that helped me solve the problem.

I am using Lubuntu 11.10 and because of John's answer I looked if there was something not installed for the avr compilation system.  And hey guess what there was.  I found it in Synaptic avr-libc was not installed.  I installed it and all was right with the world.

And tytower I suggest you find a way to deal with your stress a little better.  Everybody that answered was trying to help you.  Just as I am now.

tytower

Feb 25, 2012, 10:40 am Last Edit: Feb 26, 2012, 06:00 pm by AWOL Reason: 1
And tytower I suggest you find a way to deal with your stress a little better.  Everybody that answered was trying to help you.  Just as I am now.

[Moderator edit : Unwarranted vitriol removed.  AWOL]

It appears that the culprit is Puppy Linux 5.3
Version 5.3.1 runs Arduino well and I would say they patched it following my posts

[Moderator edit : More unwarranted vitriol removed.  AWOL]

WizenedEE

It appears that the culprit is Puppy Linux 5.3
Version 5.3.1 runs Arduino well and I would say they patched it following my posts

So you're saying my question regarding what distro you're using was relevant?

Go Up