I am prepared to spend if i can get it going. Actually i might go down the hobby store and look and ask some questions. I am from sunny Australia so most of the stuff I have to get online or improvise (actually improvise a lot because I want to get this working so I can justify the purchase of more. )
The battery on this car is a 9.6 volt, 750mA NiCd rechargeable. Honestly I am amazed the car came with it at the price. I did measure the voltage, but I can't see it in my notes which probably means I wrote it on a post it note(yeah smart I know)(edit: about 3.5, but it was really hard to measure cause I just had to stick the multimeter in while holding it on which is hard to do without a third hand. I figured holding control in palm still allowed me to hold the probe off multimeter), so I will look it up.
Could you explain what TTL equivlent is? (I would rather understand than just do).
Currently I am using a 9 volt clip battery for arduino, but I have read the wifi shield I have needs a fair amount of juice and I plan to hook an array of sensors up to it.
I currently don't have a solder sucker, although i might be able to find one to borrow. Is it possible to do it without the sucker?
How do I sever the antenna? It is clearly marked on the board so easy to find.
I already figured I can't turn back and forward on and will write my if statements so it always switches the other one off before starting as a failsafe.
Just a note on those cheap motor drivers. They are resoundingly sloppy in the linear region and may not tolerate PWM due to high shoot through currents.
A simple bridge rectifier module with the AC terminals on the motor legs and the DC outputs tied to the motor DC supply is in effect the same thing.
Okay well disaster has struck I went to bed with it working and my ardunio program working. Took the battery out to recharge cause the front wheels weren't responding that well and i assumed it was the battery.Today the car is pretty much dead. If i move the probe around the right a bit it will eventually go right other than that dead. The remote doesn't work.
I am guessing i need to go buy another to start again! I am wondering if maybe my right and left wires accidentally touched at some point because they are very close on the board.
I think the motors are fine by the fact i can occasionally get the front motor to go right and stay right until i switch it off.
I have learnt a lot, i have certainly made some mistakes I won't do again. Like when i cut the wires i left way too much exposed at the bottom when welding.
I think the truck was emetec. I will probably try to get the same one although it was on sale in the new year. I think im not ready to buy the $400 one yet, so i might buy another el cheapo one in case i destroy it again.
That said it has been a lot of fun, and for the short period i was controlling it from my ipad was very exciting. For now I am going to work on getting the sensors to show up on my ipad and go buy another one tomorrow.