Go Down

Topic: (Solved) 3 devices (Arduino/Xbee) How to have one script tell them apart? (Read 765 times) previous topic - next topic

lasivian

EDIT: Someone on IRC pointed me towards EEPROM where I could give the board a "serial number" and tell them apart. Leaving this here for future reference, hopefully it'll help someone else someday.

Ok, short explanation. I've got 3 devices (Arduino + xbee + RGB LED) I'm trying to get them to talk to each other and use the colors to show how far they are from each other. (And i'm a total newbie btw)

This means they need a "master" color. (IE. #1 Rgb, #2 rGb, #3 rgB) but I would rather not write and edit three different scripts, so I figure I should be able to add something like a resistor to each unit to mark them as different that I can check via script. But I'm not sure of the best way to do this. I have all the analogs and 5 digital pins free.

Thanks.

PaulS

So, now that you can make each one tell the others apart, how are you going to tell how far apart they are? RSSI is NOT a good (or even fair) measure of distance. It's really a very poor measure of distance. So, what do you have in mind?

lasivian

It's really a very poor measure of distance.

Very poor is still good enough for this project. :)

Go Up