Go Down

Topic: [ArduinoBT] Anti-Hijack function and PIN13 (Read 784 times) previous topic - next topic

DragoslaV

Hi all,

I already got my ArduinoBT communicating with my phone and the phone sends the GPS speed over to Arduino to control a dozen LEDs. I also control some relays to turn on my engine of my motorcycle. I was thinking about making an anti-hijack function, if my phone disconnects from the BT module then I want to switch off the engine. (I can ofcourse overwrite this with a key switch in case my phone runs out of battery or something)

• I saw some extensions of the libary serial, including the function list(). What is the best practice to get feature done? Using that extended libary, or send a command over to my arduino every 3 seconds to see if their connected? (like trains do?)

• I also made a PCB but totally forgot that PIN13 is used for the LED, is it harmful to use this PIN to control a relay? like if the LED dies, can I still use that PIN?

Thanks!

winner10920

Odds are the pin will die before the led,
it can still controll a transistor to drive a relay yes, except you should ty not to draw as much current on that pin( <20) to be safe
and yeah you will need to do something like that, can't see any other way, its not like a serial communication can tell if the absence is because of nothing being sent or disconnected
I don't have a arduinobt but I have a bluetooth to serial module, and while it doesn't indicate a disconnection perhaps the arduino bt can, if you can send commands to thr module, perhaps you can check a connected flag or get a disconnect flag

ajofscott

If you use the handshake lines DTR and RTS you can detect a connection loss.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy