Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sony PSP Go Camera connecting to an Arduino?  (Read 1278 times)
Netherlands
"A manual is my bible"
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,

A few years back i purchased a Sony PSP Go Camara. It uses a mini-usb connection to the PSP Device. My question is, would it be possible to use it with an Arduino and the like?
As I understand it, Arduino communicates already with USB. And since the PSP Camera is small and very light, it would be ideal to use it with an Arduino, in my opinion.
I did some research, but i could not find a proper datasheet smiley-sad I also did some searching through the libraries, other websites, but i'm unsure where to go next.
What would be the way to go in finding out / testing? Thanks in advance!

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

the arduino communicates via usb though a serial converter, nothing more... but the camera is a little interesting.

right off hand no usb has host's and devices, arduino is a device and has no host capabilities out of the box ... but the PSP is in the same situation it has no host capabilities so yea how does the PSP handle the camera when its more or less a dumb device itself

hmm

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

the arduino communicates via usb though a serial converter, nothing more... but the camera is a little interesting.

right off hand no usb has host's and devices, arduino is a device and has no host capabilities out of the box ... but the PSP is in the same situation it has no host capabilities so yea how does the PSP handle the camera when its more or less a dumb device itself

hmm

Googling "psp usb host" brought up a bunch of hits and hints; I don't know anything about the PSP, but based on what I saw, newer firmware enables a form of USB host mode for the PSP...

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

maybe, its not on mine ... but anyway the go camera was available in parts of the world like in 2006 requiring firmware version 2.8 something

they also had a gps adapter and yet no host (which is why "we" dont just plug a usb hard disk into the thing skipping the retarded prices on memory stick pro duo)

Netherlands
"A manual is my bible"
View Profile

Indeed, the new firmware at that time made it possible to use that camera.
I believe the camera itself is "naked". It's a small camera but makes nice video
and pictures. So I was curious if it could be used as some of the camera modules/shields
you see.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: