Go Down

Topic: adafruit 32u4 breakout (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

markab

Has anyone got any experience with the adafruit 32u4 breakout?  I have mine running the leonardo bootloaded and sketches seem to upload ok.

The problem I get is that Serial.print does not send anything over the usb serial I have tried Serial1.print also but I assume this is for the uart port and not the serial over usb.

Any idea's? I am assuming of course that I can serial debug with the 32u4 over the usb port?

Thanks

32teeth

Yes, it will output serial to the Serial Monitor.
You need to change your baud rate to 1200

Code: [Select]
Serial.begin(1200);

markab

CrossRoads

Why so slow on the serial?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

fm

You will need to install the driver and figure out what the port is.

The baudrate is irrelevant on the USB CDC.

Coding Badly

The baudrate is irrelevant on the USB CDC.

Which is one of the things I love about Arduino boards based on that processor (like the Teensy).  12 Mps "Serlal".   8)

fm

Which is one of the things I love about Arduino boards based on that processor (like the Teensy).  12 Mps "Serlal".   8)

Me too, the processor is great! I now use the vinciDuino all the time.

Markus_L811

Me too, the processor is great! I now use the vinciDuino all the time.

Yes that's nice but the java terminal from the IDE can not realy catch them, its feels like the terminal stagnate sometimes to get air. I'm using putty now for the serial on my vinciduino.

fm

Yes that's nice but the java terminal from the IDE can not realy catch them, its feels like the terminal stagnate sometimes to get air. I'm using putty now for the serial on my vinciduino.

It's great to hear that you like the board and its speed Markus_L811! I use coolterm on a Mac or screen and it flies!

Go Up