Go Down

Topic: Force sound system to keep it's memory (Read 869 times) previous topic - next topic

Zuluriney

Hi all,

I've got a sound system that uses around 9 watts of standby power which is quite a lot as many would argue. Every time i switch it completely off it loses it's settings for individual volume for all the channels.
To prevent that i thought about finding out where the settings are stored, figuring out the power supply and powering the memory with a battery.

Does anyone think somethin like that would be possible?

I haven't opened it yet so i can't tell what type of chip is used.
The steps i would take are:

-figure out where the main controller is (settings probably stored in RAM)
-get the data sheet for power supply pins
-hook it up to a battery and see what happens

thoughts?

cheers! :)

DanDare

Hello,

I think you can identify the main controller on the board, check the datasheet, measure its Vin with a multimeter when the system is in stand-by. If controller is powered so I think it's really a good place to start.
Check other components nearby controller and its datasheets, you may find usefull information for the task you want because theres a chance these settings arent stored there the microcontroller (if any).

Zuluriney

yeah i thought that it might be stored in some separate memory which would be better in terms of power consumption. but having separate memory to store around 5 bytes (there's nothing more than 5 volume values to store) would be a waste of components, so we'll see..i'll have to open up that bad boy ^^

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy