Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Free software to create circuit diagrams?  (Read 1769 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello!

I am looking for a software program to draw up some schematics of my project. I am having problems with my project, and would like to present a quality schematic to the forums while asking for help.

-Brian

Belgium
Edison Member
Arduino rocks; but with my plugin it can fly rocking the world ;-)
View Profile

Brian
I had a similar issue lately and I installed Design spark PCB.
It took me some time to understand. I have no clue how it relates to other software but it is free  smiley
Best regards
Jantje

Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

Leighton Buzzard, UK
Edison Member
View Profile

EAGLE is good
create circuit diagrmas
ans PCBs!

there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

If you're on Linux - there's KiCAD, and if you are masochistic, gEDA (it has a very steep learning curve); you can also run EagleCAD on Linux too. There's also this tool: http://www.digikey.com/us/en/mkt/scheme-it.html

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

And expresspcb.com, great for drawing something up quick for discussion here.
eagle from cadsoft.de for circuit boards eventually.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Nowhere
God Member
|-\ |\|\
View Profile

Some people use Fritzing, I personally hate it because when I first used it it was earlier in its development, probably 1.5-2 years ago, and extremely buggy and annoying to use.  I learned Eagle, so obviously I never tried Fritzing again.

It is easier (consequently not as powerful as Eagle) and theoretically less buggy now, but I wouldn't know.

But I'd say it's worth learning Eagle.

Soundcloud page: http://soundcloud.com/beefinator-2
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/beefinator14
Old soundcloud page (ran out o

View Profile

Hey Everyone, Thanks for the info. Eagle looks to be more popular and known by more people, So I am going to start learning that one.

How Can I get an Arduino Uno into an Eagle Schematic? The actual Atmega chip is there, although for completeness I would like to wire everything as it is in the real world project. smiley-lol

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Download the eagle files from the Hardware section as a starting point.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

Hi..........

If you just want to draw fairly basic schematics, any CAD software will do. If your schematics will be more complex, you might be better off with a package specifically designed for drawing them, such as OrCAD or PADS. There is also Kicad, a free, open-source schematic and simulation package, but I don't know if their license allows use for educational purposes or only for personal use.

London
View Profile

Quote from: brian15co link=topic=87663.msg659455
How Can I get an Arduino Uno into an Eagle Schematic? The actual Atmega chip is there, although for completeness I would like to wire everything as it is in the real world project. smiley-lol
I usually treat the Arduino as a single component, and on my schematics just use pin headers. For example, I'll have a 6pin for A0 to A5, or another for Vin, GND, 5v etc.

Current Projects: Rodentometer - Hamster Endurance Moni

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: