Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Moderating leaf blower air flow so that it reflects Met weather reports.  (Read 1776 times)
New Zealand
Just this guy you know.
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

You can also stack two computer fans on top of each other to increase the amount of blow,  not sure if more would have any more benefit than two.
Computer some fans can be powered from 9v to 24vdc with  58 CFM, 4350 RPM,  80 mm Fan.1  80 CFM 2

Of if you need some real grunt. 600 CFM @ 0.000-In SP, Voltage 115 AC, 60 Hz, Single Phase. 3  A bit harder to control as it would require a relay that you turn on and off to vary the speed.
Could hack up a fan speed detection system to have greater control over the fan speed.

Or there is the model aircraft fans and controllers a 4 and Fans(push force of maybe 3-5 kilos)

View Profile

thanks strykeroz, that yahoo api is exactly what i need!! And yeah i have discarded the leaf blower idea in exchange for a fan after people pointed out it would be very loud, which is true...i'm in the UK so don't have Walmart but sure i will find something similar.

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

In the US you can get a rotary knob incandescent light dimmer for ~$5, which might control the speed of the fan. The dimmer knob could be rotated with a servo.

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

mostly confused
View Profile

have a look at this project too. it might not help with the technical details (unless you asked Tao himself) but it might help your thinking....

http://www.taogvs.org/VirtualHoleWindMain.html

http://www.kontejner.org/virtual-hole-english

personally, i think making a test before embarking on the main piece is always a good idea. with this in mind i'd grab an old computer fan or two and start experimenting with PWM.

View Profile

Yeah I am currently in the process of experimenting with dc fans and PWM.
The 'virtual hole' is really cool, gave me a lot of inspiration, thanks for directing me to it!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: