Go Down

Topic: First test of CNC Miller conversion (Read 7703 times) previous topic - next topic

Boffin1

Very nice Mike,
It would be nice if you could integrate all the conversions from one common ( free ? ) drawing program/  to Gcode / to machine code in one, we would all build or buy your miller, Oh what fame !.

I got completely lost with the Reprap and dxf and gcode, so I just made my 2 axis machine wander round like an old fashioned "turtle" with simple code, but at least I mastered the stepper motors.

With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Boffin1

OK I still have this quiz of the 61 leds and switches,  is one switch and LED power? or do they all do the same?
With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Grumpy_Mike

this quiz of the 61 leds and switches

Sorry don't understand. Can you explain a bit more.

Boffin1

"I might be able to do the project without the miller. I won't say what it is but it involves LEDs and switches. A clue is it involves 61 of them, not a very binary number."

funlw65

Hi @Grumpy_Mike,

What moving speed (xy axes) and RPM(Proxxon mill) you used in milling that RFID coil? Thank you!

Best regards,
Vasi

Grumpy_Mike

I used a speed of 200 for the axis and 10,000 rpm on the spindle.

The project is on line now at:-
http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Hardware/CNC_Conversion.html

Divyanshu

Seriously, I still wonder at these amazing CNC's.
|I love Technology|

funlw65

Jan 04, 2011, 06:53 pm Last Edit: Jan 05, 2011, 03:02 am by funlw65 Reason: 1
Thank you Mike, I saw your site already! Thank you for the answer and for the goodies you put there for us!

Vasi

thegeekway

Mike, do you have any sources for info on choosing the correct tooling?  I have no idea where to start.

Grumpy_Mike

I am still struggling on tooling. You can try and ask on some of the CNC forums like:-
http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/forum.php

Go Up