Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: House Lights 2010 (400 RGBs) - Just in time  (Read 2785 times)
India
The Tech Gamer
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Awesome work!  ;D

|I love Technology|

Florida
hookedup!
View Profile

FYI: These are not brighter - they are exactly the same in the bliptronic ones.

India
The Tech Gamer
View Profile

Ohh awesome!

|I love Technology|

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Very nice work marklar.

Don't be surprised if you are asked to do some commercial implementations.

Florida
hookedup!
View Profile

Very nice work marklar.

Don't be surprised if you are asked to do some commercial implementations.

Thank You.   I have done a nightclub using this method with 700 LEDs (and growing) with DJ control.  I am surprised how far you can run these before you get flicker.  One important point for long runs is you have to slow down the SPI speed as the run gets longer.  While the LEDs do act as repeaters .. that only goes so far (80 feet of LEDs or so before you run into a need to adjust speed).  

But I am always open to trying to find something brighter.
As far as getting brighter versions, there are versions that have 3 SMD LEDs per "pixel" .. the metal ones.  Those are pretty bright as compared to the single pixel style .. but take a 12v power supply (not a big deal, just different).

Mercer, PA USA
Arduino & Led's Rock:-)
View Profile

As far as getting brighter versions, there are versions that have 3 SMD LEDs per "pixel" .. the metal ones.  Those are pretty bright as compared to the single pixel style .. but take a 12v power supply (not a big deal, just different).

I have a bunch of the  12v flexible strips ones (4 wire with 6803 chip) and they are quite bright and they don't have as much voltage drop as the 5v ones but you also have a few trade offs as the leds are in groups of 3 instead of each one by it's self but if you are more then a few feet away you can't tell the difference anyway

Brisbane
Arduino rocks
View Profile

The coolest RGB post I've seen!

Florida
hookedup!
View Profile

The coolest RGB post I've seen!
Thanks - mine is the 112 RGB Table .. using TLCs.  He did it without the easy LEDs - pretty amazing accomplishment.  I did similar with only 44 LEDs and 595s and it was a bear to say the least.  

I have a bunch of the  12v flexible strips ones (4 wire with 6803 chip) and they are quite bright and they don't have as much voltage drop as the 5v ones but you also have a few trade offs as the leds are in groups of 3 instead of each one by it's self but if you are more then a few feet away you can't tell the difference anyway

The strips and the pixels with three LEDS (both the same basic setup with a different layout) both take the 5050 RGB SMD.  So three SMD LEDs per chip will produce the same brightness level .. just distributed differently.

I am curious if you like how the strip you are using look / work.  I get a weird looking flicker when I use the strip that I don't get with the same app running against the pixel versions.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:53:50 am by marklar » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: