Go Down

Topic: Highly Anticipated 32-bit "Due" due When? (Read 65 times) previous topic - next topic

Graynomad

Yeah I see they are all calling for schematics, not much chance by the sound of it.

partial data sheet for the Pi processor but that just covers the Arm peripherals on the chip

I guess they have to do that so the community will get involved to write drivers.

the guy doing it works for them.

I bet he has access to the good stuff, sounds a bit like undocumented system calls that (supposedly) allowed M$ to produce better software than their competitors.

I think I'll stick with Arduino, the RPi looks nice in many ways but it has too much of what I don't need and not enough of what I do. But I guess the target demographic is not curmudgeony old farts who like to DIY :)

_____
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Jantje

Graynomad
You state:
Eclipse? How many serial ports?

What do you mean by that.
I'm asking because I'm currently working on a serial monitor in eclipse and I'm thinking about supporting 3 serial ports simultaneously.
I got it "kind off" to work (hard coded com name; only one port ....)
If you have experience on this any feedback is welcomed.
Best regards
Jantje
Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

Graynomad

Sorry I have no experience with that, I was just mentioning things we'd (or at least "I'd") like to know about the new Due and the juxtaposition of "serial ports" and "Eclipse" was coincidental :)

I do however like the idea of supporting multiple serial ports but can't help with doing that in Eclipse.

______
Rob

Jantje

Rob
Glad to hear you are not aware of any blocking issues with eclipse and serial ports.
Best regards
Jantje
Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

Graynomad

I'm not "aware" of a lot of things, for example if there's any serious blocking issues with faster-than-light travel, but that doesn't mean they don't exist :)

______
Rob

Go Up