Go Down

Topic: Highly Anticipated 32-bit "Due" due When? (Read 68222 times) previous topic - next topic

Jantje

Carry on!

I plan to, because I have no idea what you just said :)

______
Rob

I think I understand Node-O  8)
And I understand Graynomad to.  :smiley-eek:
Does that make me special?  ]:D

Greeting from sunny Belgium (for once)
Jantje
Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

neil12

Hmm
http://asf.atmel.com/docs/latest/search.html?device=sam3x
gives an Ardunio Due/X   8)
- maybe the X is for remove   :smiley-eek:

retrolefty

It's still very overDUE. But like the pyramids it will be ready when it's ready.

Graynomad

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

westfw

I started a new thread with this info, but I'll post it here too:

Massimo Banzi's Maker Faire talk, including info about Due (and why it's late.)

http://fora.tv/2012/05/19/Massimo_Banzi ... of_Arduino
They say "beta" now, and are giving away 100 beta boards to worthy people.

retrolefty

I started a new thread with this info, but I'll post it here too:

Massimo Banzi's Maker Faire talk, including info about Due (and why it's late.)

http://fora.tv/2012/05/19/Massimo_Banzi ... of_Arduino
They say "beta" now, and are giving away 100 beta boards to worthy people.

Thanks for the link. I did learn one thing from that Massimo's talk that was a big question to me and that was if the Due was going to be using the same IDE that all the other 8 bit arduino use. The answer I heard (I think) is that the Due will have it's own independent IDE, which I think is the correct way to go.

Lefty

Leon Heller

Why can't the Due and the AVR-based Arduino's use the same IDE, as has been done with the ChipKit Uno32?
Leon Heller
G1HSM

CrossRoads

Interesting - Massimo  commenting on Arduino-compatible clones, saying Leonardo Bootloader totally re-done due to HID taking over the IDE.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Graynomad

May 25, 2012, 08:04 am Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:25 am by Graynomad Reason: 1
Why can't the Due and the AVR-based Arduino's use the same IDE, as has been done with the ChipKit Uno32?

It could but maybe they figure that the Due is for more advanced users and such people tend to be unhappy with the brain-dead IDE. Personally I wouldn't use the IDE for anything but a quick syntax check of some code I post here.

As Atmel are now using the VS-based dev environment maybe that's what the Due will use.

____
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

And1G

As Atmel are now using the VS-based dev environment maybe that's what the Due will use.

Hmm if this comes true I hope there is a way to use the Due with Linux...

Grumpy_Mike

I hope there is a way to use the Due with Linux

And I for one would avoid it like the plague, once you get an operating system into the equation, real time computing goes out of the window and you spend all your time fighting the OS and not concentrating on your application.
Linux is great for people who don't want to actually do anything but love installing things.

And1G

That was not what I meant. I think installing Linux to a device with this little memory is kind of pointless.
My point was rather to program the Due under Linux like it is possible with the ATmega Arduinos. And if the IDE is Visual Studio powered, this is not likely the case.

Grumpy_Mike

That was not what I meant.

OK sorry.

And if the IDE is Visual Studio powered

Is it? If so that blows away the multi platform nature of the arduino that I believe makes it the success it is today.

avenue33

May 25, 2012, 02:59 pm Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:14 pm by avenue33 Reason: 1

Is VS stands for Visual Basic, Linux and Mac OS X platforms will be no longer supported.

This is a critical change from and a major blow over the platform-agnostic approach Arduino has had till now.

One possible solution consists on delivering the relevant makefiles, so any standard IDE can handle them.

See for example my embedXcode project, a template for Mac OS X Xcode. Adding support for the LeafLabs Maple wasn't difficult. The Maple includes a 32-bit RISC core STM32 F103RB based on an ARM Cortex™-M3, 72 MHz, 39 IOs, 16 analog inputs, 128 KB Flash, 20KB SRAM.

IMHO, another threat is the multiplicity of non-compatible frameworks. Gone are the days when all Processing-based IDEs were sharing the same Wiring framework.

If you want me to add support for the Due on my embedXcode template, drop me a line.

And1G

May 25, 2012, 03:02 pm Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:14 pm by And1G Reason: 1
And if the IDE is Visual Studio powered

Is it? If so that blows away the multi platform nature of the arduino that I believe makes it the success it is today.

Sorry, to avoid misunderstandings, I really don't know and do not hope so! I was referring to his assumption:

Go Up