Go Down

Topic: Highly Anticipated 32-bit "Due" due When? (Read 65 times) previous topic - next topic

Graynomad

Oct 25, 2012, 02:37 am Last Edit: Oct 25, 2012, 02:54 am by Graynomad Reason: 1
It seems you can't get away from where you are, the link redirects me to au.mouser.com with these AUD prices

$66.08
$64.30
$63.19

$39 shipping
$105.08 total

Yikes!

Unfortunately I won't be getting one any time soon at that price :(

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

cyclegadget

@GRAYnomad

Is there a way to get around the price problem by having someone from the USA buy then ship to you or is it just the way the currencies work out? I am thinking it probably won't help but, it is a thought.

Coding Badly

According to Google...
48.95 US dollars = 47.3221 Australian dollars
66.08 AUD = 68.3664 USD

If I buy them at 48.95, fly to Australia, sell them at 66.08, I would get 19.4164 (USD) per board.  Hmm.  What's the carry-on limit?  50 pounds?  I wonder how many boards that is?

48.95 US dollars = 37.7322 euros
40.36 EUR = 52.3510 USD

Not as lucrative but it may pay for the plane ticket.

Graynomad

or is it just the way the currencies work out?

The AUS has been higher than the USD for a long time, so they should be cheaper here, not ~30% more :0

We normally get the "we have to ship them all the way to Australia" BS line but it's just as far from Italy to the US as it is to Aus. Heck I reckon Mouser is such a large customer UPS/Fedex almost pay them to do the shipping.

Is there a way to get around the price problem by having someone from the USA buy then ship to you

That would work, we'll see how things are after the dust settles. I've got some LPC code I wouldn't mind porting across, but it's not a priority at this point and I have other things to work on.

______
Rob

Graynomad

50 pounds?  I wonder how many boards that is?

A lot, let me know the flight # and I'll meet you at the airport  :0

______
Rob

Go Up