Go Down

Topic: XAduino xmega board...IDE download. (Read 243 times) previous topic - next topic

Mubase

Hi everyone.
I have an Xaduino board I bought on ebay.
It uses an ATXmega128a3u chip and a modified version of the Arduino IDE.
I recently lost my copy of the IDE and was wondering if anyone has a link to it or could send me a copy?
The site where you get it from appears to be down.
Thanks,
Steve.S
Smooberry Dooberry.

Ballscrewbob

Its listed as compatible with the real Arduino IDE.

have you tried it to be sure ?
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that I had nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Mubase

Its listed as compatible with the real Arduino IDE.

have you tried it to be sure ?
Hi, yep but the IDE the vendors give you has been modified to work with the board. You can't use the original IDE because the ATXMEGA chips aren't catered for in the originalIDE. The board vendors wrote a boards.txt entry for it and all the libraries etc...
Smooberry Dooberry.

Ballscrewbob

Do they have a JSON url to add to the regular IDE board manager ?
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that I had nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Ballscrewbob

BTW I get a warning when i try to go to the Xaduino site about it being unsafe.

Mubase

Yep. I get a warning for malware too.  :(
Even if I bypass the warning and go to the site I still can't download the IDE...the link does nothing...
Smooberry Dooberry.

Ballscrewbob

My security levels are quite high here and wont let me bypass and after checking a bit deeper I am glad it didn't go there...Can you contact them by email ?

pert

I see that the xaduino IDE was reported as having a file identified as malware back in 2013(http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=162752.msg1219005#msg1219005) which may be related to the current security warning.

A possible alternative is https://github.com/Xmegaduino/Xmegaduino. The Apitronics Bee board is ATXmega128a3.

I'm not aware of any xmega support packages that take advantage of the Arduino IDE 1.5+'s improved support for 3rd party hardware. The old way of releasing a modified IDE is problematic since it quickly becomes outdated if the developer isn't actively keeping up with the standard IDE developments.

Ballscrewbob

The warnings are from a different source and current Pert and its the actual website that its calling down..
Good snag on Git though.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy