Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Author Topic: NTSC video out library  (Read 31703 times)
Michigan, US
Go Huskies
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

fixed the zip i also forgot to include the serial library.

Boston Suburbs
God Member
I am above your silly so-called "Laws", Mister Ohm.
View Profile

Sweet.  Of course right after I uploaded one of my own programs, my RS232-TTL converter blew (max232 workalike by ST) leaving my boarduino dead in the water.  It works just fine, I simply can't talk to it.  Happily, I was sitting on a "real" Arduino, not having even unboxed it yet.  This is my first actual Arduino...  So, I'm now a "Legit" Arduino user smiley

I'll skip getting another max232 for now and use the Arduino as an ISP programmer for the Boarduino I think.  I've been meaning to do this anyway, as I also got a "SmartLCD" device off ebay a while back, it's a ATMEGA168 with a dedicated 4x12 LCD and a couple of buttons.. think I got it for $3 shipped.. just haven't done anything with it as it needs an ISP programmer and I've been too lazy to load the sketch.

Now that I'm back and cooking with gas, made the minor changes (print_str removal, etc) necessary in my code-  and you are right- the line drawing is noticably faster.  VERY cool, I'll be updating my projects and posting some stuff with the new library probably by the end of the night..
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:18:41 pm by focalist » Logged

When the testing is complete there will be... cake.

Edison Member
View Profile

mdmetzle, your library it´s very cool!!!

I´ve done an explanation in Spanish of your library with a very easy example (it shows the temperature+voltage of a NTC and one image).

http://real2electronics.blogspot.com/2010/11/libreria-tvout.html

smiley-wink
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:24:04 pm by igorreal » Logged

gedrop
View Profile

here is a sort of video mixer i made with the lib: http://gieskes.nl/visual-equipment/?file=time-base-forcer.

Global Moderator
Italy
Brattain Member
Logic is my way
View Profile

I resume this thread because it's very interesting: the TvOut library is awesome, good job!  smiley-wink

Just a question: to solve the problem related to the frame buffer due to the limited memory, could it be possible, for example, use an external memory?
I would like to know if I could use a RAM and read the data to generate the video signal from there.

Michigan, US
Go Huskies
View Profile

well it can be done it would require heavily modifying the library.  If this was to be done the best solution would be driving the video directly from the ram instead of reading it back in and then outputting it. Basically the arduino would output the address of a pixel in the external memory then the retrieved data word would be fed directly into the dac.

This far beyond my vision for TVout. What I just described has been done before though and can be found here: http://www.lucidscience.com/pro-vga%20video%20generator-1.aspx although its vga not composite.

Global Moderator
Italy
Brattain Member
Logic is my way
View Profile

Thank you for your reply.
I know that you designed TvOut to be a system that has to work into the Arduino but I'm working on a project where I would like to use 2 Arduinos and a common RAM.
1 Arduino should do the GPU "jobs" and the other one the CPU "jobs", meaning the the CPU Arduino make the computations and write the result into the RAM, from where the GPU Arduino reads the data to be output on the TV.

I'll get a look to the LucidScience project. Thanks.  smiley-wink

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Jump to: