Go Down

Topic: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding when programming bootloader (Read 685 times) previous topic - next topic

anv

I am trying to burn the arduino bootloader as described in http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoToBreadboard

I've tried with crystal and with no crystal with the same result:

[font=Courier]
# /usr/lib/arduino/hardware/tools/avrdude -C/usr/lib/arduino/hardware/tools/avrdude.conf  -patmega328p -cstk500v1 -P/dev/ttyUSB0 -b19200 -Uflash:w:/usr/lib/arduino/hardware/arduino/bootloaders/atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328.hex:i -Ulock:w:0x0F:m

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.12s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e950f
avrdude: NOTE: FLASH memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
        To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
avrdude: erasing chip
avrdude: reading input file "/usr/lib/arduino/hardware/arduino/bootloaders/atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328.hex"
avrdude: writing flash (32670 bytes):

Writing | ###############################################    | 94% 0.01savrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
[/font]

Any ideas please?

Drmn4ea

Are you using the ArduinoISP sketch with Arduino 1.0 by any chance? I recently chased down a problem I was having very similar to yours - avrdude "writing..." to about 96%, then failing. This thread has the details.

Try using a pre-1.0 Arduino IDE (0022 or 0023) to build and upload ArduinoISP. Alternately, the user Coding Badly is offering a patched version of ArduinoISP in that thread that should work with 1.0.

anv

Are you using the ArduinoISP sketch with Arduino 1.0 by any chance? I recently chased down a problem I was having very similar to yours - avrdude "writing..." to about 96%, then failing. This thread has the details.

Try using a pre-1.0 Arduino IDE (0022 or 0023) to build and upload ArduinoISP. Alternately, the user Coding Badly is offering a patched version of ArduinoISP in that thread that should work with 1.0.

Yes!! I'm using 1.0!! I will try an older version and contacting Coding Badly. If I solve the problem I will post in this thread.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy