Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sensor suggestions for measuring DC amps, from +100A to -10A  (Read 2172 times)
Adelaide, South Australia
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I did look at the datasheet for the CYHCS-C2S sensor when you first mentioned it jackrae but I thought its physical characteristics (60x61x16) were a bit large for my confined circumstances, plus my current conductor is under 6mm dia. which would not go near filling the the "window" / hole in the unit, leading to inaccuracy per the datasheet.

Maybe I can get around these issues ... but what's the accuracy like. if the 100A unit has 1% accuracy that's 1 amp. At face value it's not much different to the accuracy I'm getting from the panucatt unit, even before I fix the grounding problem and get the formula right

But what the heck, if it's not expensive I could at least give one a test run . How much and where to buy though, from S. Australia?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:21:10 am by ninja2 » Logged

Adelaide, South Australia
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Stainless steel has higher resistance than Copper or Aluminum so at higher currents it starts to heat up.

thanks Roy, most informative ... I was a dinghy sailor in my younger days and still have a slightly obsessive addiction to stainless steel fixtures and there's heaps of them in my garage storage boxes ... to be ignored now!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:24:32 am by ninja2 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: