Go Down

Topic: Sensor suggestions for measuring DC amps, from +100A to -10A (Read 3393 times) previous topic - next topic

ninja2

Mar 20, 2012, 11:15 am Last Edit: Mar 20, 2012, 11:21 am by ninja2 Reason: 1
I did look at the datasheet for the CYHCS-C2S sensor when you first mentioned it jackrae but I thought its physical characteristics (60x61x16) were a bit large for my confined circumstances, plus my current conductor is under 6mm dia. which would not go near filling the the "window" / hole in the unit, leading to inaccuracy per the datasheet.

Maybe I can get around these issues ... but what's the accuracy like. if the 100A unit has 1% accuracy that's 1 amp. At face value it's not much different to the accuracy I'm getting from the panucatt unit, even before I fix the grounding problem and get the formula right

But what the heck, if it's not expensive I could at least give one a test run . How much and where to buy though, from S. Australia?

ninja2

Mar 20, 2012, 11:18 am Last Edit: Mar 20, 2012, 11:24 am by ninja2 Reason: 1
Stainless steel has higher resistance than Copper or Aluminum so at higher currents it starts to heat up.

thanks Roy, most informative ... I was a dinghy sailor in my younger days and still have a slightly obsessive addiction to stainless steel fixtures and there's heaps of them in my garage storage boxes ... to be ignored now!

Go Up