Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Author Topic: SD card read/write with Arduino  (Read 88145 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

How do i use this? all of the libarys dont seem to want to work with the original schematics. i have this board all done and made and wired up as the diagram is smiley

India
The Tech Gamer
View Profile

This one seems cool, although my bad soldering skills will mess up everything smiley-sad

|I love Technology|

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I'm excited at the prospect of doing some datalogging with the arduino for my temperature control experiment which is already working, but the wiring/breadboarding to get the hardware solution in this forum going is a little daunting. I'd prefer to spend a few bucks and get something already built, and fool around with the software instead.

I saw the ethernet shield with sd reader, but it's kind of expensive at $45. The sparkfun $15 shield for sd cards had quite a variety of bad reviews.

Does anyone in this forum have suggestions for a reasonably inexpensive, but not particularly hardware challenging way to get SD cards (or microsd, or whatever) working?

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I am using the Gravitech microsd card in my project.

http://store.gravitech.us/adapterboards.html

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum so I'd like to first say hi to everyone.

I recently began experimenting with wiring to the SD card on a breadboard and I had a thought. Why not connect the ground pins on the SD card to a 1.7v supply and use the 5V line for VCC? This way the card will see a 3.3V supply and see 3.3 level signals from the arduino.

I tried this and it seemed to work out fine. When I initially used the voltage dividers (since I didn't have the buffer IC), I started to get bad data after a certain speed because of the resistor delay. This was eliminated when I used the 1.7v supply. I am able to write 6 channels of analog data at 200 Hz. I haven't tried anything faster yet.

My question is does anyone think this is damaging the SD card? I've already ordered the buffer ICs but if this method works fine over a long time then I won't use them.

Thanks

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hello everyone! I have an arduino mega(atmega2560)+ ethernet shield+sd card http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoEthernetShield

To make the lib sd_raw work on my mega i added the following lines
in sd_raw_config.h where is checking for platform definitions.

Code:
#elif defined(__AVR_ATmega2560__)
      #define configure_pin_mosi() DDRB |= (1 << DDB2)
    #define configure_pin_sck() DDRB |= (1 << DDB1)
    #define configure_pin_ss() DDRB |= (1 << DDB0 )
    #define configure_pin_miso() DDRB &= ~(1 << DDB3)

#define select_card() PORTB &= ~(1 << PB0)
    #define unselect_card() PORTB |= (1 << PB0)

without this i get error
Code:
   #error "no sd/mmc pin mapping available!"

i hope that help arduino atmega2560 users

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
Jump to: