Go Down

Topic: SD card read/write with Arduino (Read 111 times) previous topic - next topic

tep

Hi!

Is this compatible with the SD slot of the Ethernet Shield?

HS

Just wondering if someone could give me some advice, I am looking at using data logging on an Arduino board, a 3D accelerometer for postion sensing and then an SD card to store the data. Having read this post i understand it is possible to do this, but I would be very grateful if someone could maybe outline how i would go about doing this as i am relatively new to the Arduino.

Thanks...

(sorry if this is maybe not the best post to have posted in!)

GH_Blackout

hi guys --- Do i fail the wiring? dont work
~blackout~ @ grayhats.org

PaulS

There appear to be 6 resistors that look like they are trying to form voltage dividers. Three have one end on the ground bus, with a red wire going to the ground pin on the freeduino.

Red is supposed to be used for +V, not ground. Although the electrons don't care what color the insulation is, people make assumptions about the purpose of a wire based on it's color.

There are pairs of resistors, with wires leading from the center point to some Freeduino pins. It's hard to be certain that the resistors and wires are on the same bus, but I'll assume that they are.

The other end of the resistors do not all share a common +5V bus, so it would appear that you are not getting any power to the voltage dividers.

I also don't see an SD card reader/writer in the picture. So, the purpose of the wires and non-functioning voltage dividers is not apparent.

So, I guess I'd have to say that, yes, you fail the wiring.

What are you trying to do?

GH_Blackout

Dec 17, 2009, 05:46 pm Last Edit: Dec 17, 2009, 06:26 pm by blackout314 Reason: 1
@Pauls: thanks

Your advice about colors is right : thanks.
For Resistors dimesions im following a http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1206874649/8

For voltage i have linked SD_pin_4 of 3.3V of freeduino (like as combatduino or experimentduino).

Freeduino works, but the software return me :
"MMC/SD initialization failed"

I think isnt sofware problem but "wiring problem" because i'm eletronic-newbie (only teoric)

update:
~blackout~ @ grayhats.org

Go Up