Go Down

Topic: Sanyo SSP (Security Serial Protocol)? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

lucadentella

Hello!

I bought on eBay a camera dome by Sanyo... on Internet I was able to find its technical spec and I noticed the camera has an RS485 interface. The protocol I should use to control the camera (and I'd like to implement on Arduino) is Sanyo Security Serial Protocol (SSP); I wasn't able to find a document describing it, do you have any informations / examples about it?

Thanks!
lucadentella.it

robtillaart

"Sanyo Serial protocol" give several hits, what is the device type? do you have a datasheet link?
Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

lucadentella

Hi Rob,

the camera is sanyo vcc-9400p... I was able to find some fliers but no details about SSP protocol it uses: Sanyo confirmed me that it isn't available on their website and they provide the technical details only to "integrators".
lucadentella.it

PeterH

Well I don't know anything about that protocol, but Google took me here where somebody is implementing a driver for it so presumably they know; it might be worth either contacting them, or seeing whether they have published their code anywhere accessible to you. Perhaps you could find other people working on it, too.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

lucadentella

Peter, thanks but that project is about Sanyo VCRs: the protocol for those devices is much simpler (basically commands to START/STOP/EJECT...) and well documented on Sanyo datasheets.
lucadentella.it

Go Up