Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sanyo SSP (Security Serial Protocol)?  (Read 1112 times)
Bergamo
God Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello!

I bought on eBay a camera dome by Sanyo... on Internet I was able to find its technical spec and I noticed the camera has an RS485 interface. The protocol I should use to control the camera (and I'd like to implement on Arduino) is Sanyo Security Serial Protocol (SSP); I wasn't able to find a document describing it, do you have any informations / examples about it?

Thanks!

lucadentella.it

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

"Sanyo Serial protocol" give several hits, what is the device type? do you have a datasheet link?

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Bergamo
God Member
View Profile

Hi Rob,

the camera is sanyo vcc-9400p... I was able to find some fliers but no details about SSP protocol it uses: Sanyo confirmed me that it isn't available on their website and they provide the technical details only to "integrators".

lucadentella.it

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

Well I don't know anything about that protocol, but Google took me here where somebody is implementing a driver for it so presumably they know; it might be worth either contacting them, or seeing whether they have published their code anywhere accessible to you. Perhaps you could find other people working on it, too.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Bergamo
God Member
View Profile

Peter, thanks but that project is about Sanyo VCRs: the protocol for those devices is much simpler (basically commands to START/STOP/EJECT...) and well documented on Sanyo datasheets.

lucadentella.it

Arduino rocks
View Profile

[...] Sanyo Security Serial Protocol (SSP); I wasn't able to find a document describing it, do you have any informations / examples about it?

Do you still need it ?

cheers

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: